Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tag Team, Back Again

So its been a while, but I am back. Schools out, summer is around the corner (if it doesnt stop raining. . .) and I finally have a chance to exhale. With that exhalation comes a lot of encouragement! The last week and a half, to two weeks have been so so so good.

About 2 weeks ago Matt Klutz, one of the coolest men of God i know, took me too lunch. We talked about where i was at in life, in my relationship with Chels, and spiritual. He then asked if i wanted to walk with him over the next few months. Needless to say, I was surprised, but I told him I was in. turns out that he will also be walking with two other guys as well. These other two guys are dude who i look up to more than they know, and I am blessed to be asked to be in the same group!

My dad came up to visit my sister and I this weekend! We played some golf (that sport is sooo frustrating!!) hung out, ate some food. . .but we did two things that I have never done with my dad before. . .1 we got tattoos. Yep Me, my sis, and my dad! Emilee got her first one on her foot, Dad got number 5 on his ribs(haha told him it would hurt!) and I got number 4 on my chest! (I think i want to just make it a full chest piece. . .but only time will tell) 2. We went to church! Yep, Stirring 10am service. . .never been, but it was dope! It was such an amazing experience to worship and engage God with my father for the first time! I know it wont be the last. . .

I finally got into a life group! two as a matter of fact! Chels and I are doing the Love and respect group(pumped!) The first meeting I am looking forward to the next few months growing whit her in our relationship and incorporating our faith with that. I am really excited to see how our relationship develops when we base it on a firm, solid foundation! I am also in Dan's narrative theology group(stocked)! I cant wait to move through the scriptures with this group, and seek God's heart! I am ready to humble myself and constantly be filled.

I wasnt going to be able to go the "when God dreams" conference, cause i could fork out $100. . .but a few days before the conference, Patrick called me up and asked me to help work it, and only pay $40. . .so sick! And that was so powerful and encouraging to be at that conference! Changed my life!!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Yeah...that was a very cool weekend for me too!! And it definitely will not be the last time we attend church together.
Just want to let you know how proud I am to be for father and your friend. I have seen you grow from this self absorbed angry teenager, to a God centered mature young man!! You will never truly realize just how you have amazed me!! Keep searching and keep moving forward...I cant wait to see what God has in store for you!!

Matt said...

Oh and..."Hoop there it is!!" LOL